Having managed litigation in 16 states and several federal jurisdictions, Mr. Hofer helps clients litigate all types of cases, with an emphasis in lawsuits involving real estate and consumer protection issues. He has effectively handled dozens of appeals and has managed an appellate practice group, making him an excellent resource in appellate matters. He also advises clients on business formation and other non-litigation issues.
Mr. Hofer graduated summa cum laude from law school, where he was an Articles Editor on the Arkansas Law Review. He has published Confronting the Rules: Needed Changes to the Arkansas Rules of Evidence After Crawford v. Washington, 59 Ark. L. Rev. 973 (2007). See Publications for more information. Following law school, he had the privilege of serving as a law clerk for Judge Roger Wollman on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D. summa cum laude, 2007
Article Editor, Arkansas Law Review, 2006-2007
John Brown University, B.A. History, 2001
Professional Memberships, Associations & Honors
- Clerkship, Judge Roger Wollman, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2007-2008
- Kansas Bar Association
- Wichita Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Wesley E. Brown American Inn of Court, 2009 – present
- Law in Education Committee of the Wichita Bar Association, 2009-2015
- Frequent classroom speaker for Law Day and Constitution Day
- Member, Sedgwick County Community Services Block Grant Review Committee, Feb. 2015 – present
- Member, Public Employee Relations Board, Feb. 2017 – present